The RAS Prime (Reachstacker Assistance System) driver assistance system is a cost-effective solution that can be retrofitted on reach stackers and empty container handlers.
It provides a warning that prevents collisions with other vehicles and the port infrastructure and assists the operator in critical driving situations, e.g., when approaching containers, pillars, and cranes. Obstacles located in one of the defined warning areas are indicated on a display. The operator is warned in advance to ensure appropriate safety distances are maintained. If a collision is imminent, an alarm will alert the operator so that the vehicle can be stopped.
At a glance
• Rear-end collision warning
• 2-stage warning system provides the operator with advance warning of a collision and (stage 2) initiates a response
• Touchscreen that displays obstacle outlines
• Configurable safety distances
• Suppression of false alarms for higher operator acceptance
• Self-diagnostics for straightforward troubleshooting and maintenance