Double-acting wedge clamps are particularly suitable for safe clamping of dies with straight clamping edge on a press bed or ram or for clamping dies in injection moulding machines.
The double acting wedge clamps consist of a hydraulic block cylinder connected with a twopiece mechanical clamping bolt in a floating manner. Clamping cycle: the clamping bolt with thrust pad first performs an idle stroke. When the inner stop is reached, the clamping bolt is vertically lowered onto the clamping edge. The 5° angle of the thrust pad has been determined so as to ensure that despite self-locking the hydraulic pressure required for clamping is not higher than the required pressure for unclamping. Since the clamping force is vertically transmitted to the clamping point, no side loads occur. The wedge clamp is available with or without position monitoring.
● Safe clamping of dies with straight clamping edge
● The clamping piston does not retract in the case of pressure drop
● Uniform clamping and unclamping pressure
● High operational safety by position monitoring and automatic motion sequence
● Very sturdy and compact design
● Well-proven clamping element with high degree of safety and long service life
● Retracting clamping bolt ensures unimpeded mould and die change
● Special versions on request
● Minimum space requirement due to position monitoring without lateral overhang
Find your suppliersComplete your request and let our teams find you the best deals available.Find your future clientsList your products and services to enhance your web presence and receive qualified enquiries.